Friday, January 30, 2009

frank cavanaugh

Filter - "You Walk Away" drum cover

I loved this song when I heard it. I love the drop-C guitar riff they have. When I first tried to play it on drums, I was rather overwhelmed at the diversity of the drum beat. It took me a bit longer than it does for me to learn normal songs. I really liked the drum dynamics in this song once I learned them though. Take heed, this is not a song for the faint in drum skills! Haha, sorry.

P.S. - Is there another song you like that I haven't played? Let me know.

Video Tags:Amalgamut, Away, Cavanaugh, Filter, Frank, Geno, Gillis, Lenardo, Patrick, Richard, Steve, The, Walk, You

Related Videos:
Title:Filter You Walk Away Drum Cover on Yamaha DTXPLORER Description:Heya everyone!<br /><br />I am currently trialling a new position for the camera on my YouTube videos. This will allow fans to get a closer look at the drums, as well as provide some insight into my foot technique (for better or for worse!)<br /><br />Feedback would be greatly appreciated!<br /><br />This one is from another of my favourite bands, 'Filter', who have just released a new album, 'Anthems for the Damned'. The video however is for the first track off the album 'The Amalgamut'- titled 'You Walk Away'.<br /><br />I love Richard Patrick's voice, and I would LOVE to see these guys live. Some of the videos I have seen featuring Filter live have been a little bit disappointing, but I'm sure that they will have their act together this tour, and hopefully make it here down under.<br /><br />A bit of trivia: I believe that Richard used to play guitar for NIN back in the day. Not sure how he gets on with Trent these days though. Interesting to see that the singers from perhaps my two favourite bands once played together on stage. I guess that all big acts are connected in someway somewhere along the line.<br /><br />Enjoy, and please comment!<br /><br />(P.S: though i don't know much about composing, i know a little bit in Fl studio, and i hope to learn about other (supposedly better) software like Reason. I hope to put up one of my tracks before the week is through! It's a bit of a progressive rock/electro ambient orchestral fusion (or something). Stay tuned!<br /><br />-KoeNTitle:Andrea Russano Grasso Drums Improvisation Description:Andrea Russano Grasso playing a drums solo. This is a 100% free improvisation.<br /><br />Rate & Comment!Title:Naruto Falling Away From Me Description:AMV narutoTitle:Filter - You Walk Away (cover) Description:Seen it covered, but not like this. Filter = AmazingTitle:Trapt - "Made of Glass" drum cover Description:This song's beat is pretty fast, so that's why I messed up my hi-hat 8th notes a few times.  When I first heard Headstrong, I knew that Trapt had a particular drum beat about it.  When I attempted to leard some of their songs on drums, I was surprised when I found out how fast-paced they were.  I like the guitar on Made of Glass, and I thought the drum beat was complicated enough to attempt and put on my video list.<br /><br />P.S. - If you want me to play another song on drums, bass or guitar, let me know.
Yahoo news related to frank cavanaugh

NT honors hoops Hall inductees (Tonawanda News)
Don Fronczak, David Cavanaugh, Fred Wiechec are 2009 inductees.

GOOD OLD DAYS:Remember a man who knew his tunes (Daily Pilot)
He played with Frank Sinatra in 1946, his popular trio played in Doris Day’s first starring movie, and in the 1940s and 1950s he packed nightclubs around Los Angeles. Even in the last decade, he was playing gigs at the Balboa Bay Club to a group of devoted regulars.

Frank Miller Jr. (Suburban)
Mr. Miller, 73, of East Brunswick, died Jan. 1, 2009, while vacationing with his family in the Bahamas. He owned Eighteen Glass Co., East Brunswick, for 37 years.

Google news related to frank cavanaugh

NT honors hoops Hall inductees - Tonawanda News  Joining him in the Hall of Fame’s 2009 induction class will be Fred Wiechec and David Cavanaugh. The three Hall inductees will be introduced at center court ...

US to broaden dialogue with China - Washington Times  Photographer: Matthew Cavanaugh/Pool via Bloomberg News "Whether or not that hand becomes less clenched is really up to them," Mrs. Clinton said Tuesday. ...

The Real Estate Council Announces 2009 Leaders - dBusinessNews Denver (press release)  In addition to Wheeler, Chip Cavanaugh, shareholder at Munsch, Hardt, Kopf & Harr, begins his tenure as vice-chairman. “These new directors and those ...

Flickr pictures related to frank cavanaugh

    No comments: